Internationally award-winning poet and writer
Read, watch, listen to and find poetry written by Anne Casey and published in 2023 via the links below.
Journals, magazines, newspapers ETc:
- 'Idir Oispidéal Galair agus Teach na mBocht', 'Ocras' and'Warrung gathering' - a suite of poems commissioned as part of Anne Casey's shortlisting for the Red Room Fellowship 2022 were published by Red Room Poetry in January 2023, along with audio files of Anne Casey reading each poem with short introductions and a poem-film of 'Idir Oispidéal Galair agus Teach na mBocht'. These poems derive from Anne's doctoral research at the University of Technology Sydney.
- 'Two poets hold conversation across continents during lockdown' - a poetry reading by Anne Casey and Heather Bourbeau was broadcast on Radio KALW / 91.7 FM Bay Area Radio (San Francisco) in February 2023.
- 'Love in a time of plague' was published in the Polaris Trilogy in February 2023 - to be sent to the moon on the NASA Lunar Codex flight. Along with poems selected from each continent to tell Earth's story, this poem will be protected from radiation and preserved for millions of years. It will be available for reading by astronauts who visit the moon for exploration and when stopping off on the way to Mars.
- 'I will arise and go' was published in the Australian Citizenship Ceremony commemorative booklet as part of the Sydney St Patrick's Day Parade and Festival in March 2023.
- 'Othering' was published in Axon Journal (The Centre for Creative & Cultural Research at University of Canberra) Vol 12 No 2 in March 2023. This poem was written as part of doctoral work in history and archival poetics at the University of Technology Sydney funded by an Australian Government Research Training Scholarship.
- 'Portrait of Kevin Barry in The Irish Times' was published in Rattle #79 on 1 March 2023 and was featured along with an audio reading by Rattle as the Poem of the Day on 24 March 2023.